KC's First Fever - 5.4.11

While I was at work yesterday, the director of Kherington's school called and told me she was running a fever. I was worried and wanted to get to her as soon as possible. I had one more meeting and had to take some items to a hotel for a training session. All the while my mind was distracted and focused on getting to KC. I wasn't sure how to handle a fever in a babe and even called her doctor's office to find out what I should do.

When I finally arrived the poor thing looked exhausted. I could see it in her eyes. Even in her weak state she managed to greet me with a warm smile. I hurried home and monitored her the rest of the night. Uninterrupted sleep was not ours to have last night. She woke up several times and was extremely unhappy when I put her down in her crib. I felt for her. She couldn't clear her sinuses herself and knowing how awful I feel when I'm not well, I'm sure it was 100 times worse for her. Poor papa too. He's so busy at work and really needed a good night's sleep.

Although exhausted in the morning, I was glad I was able to work from home. I was extremely productive and could nurse my precious baby. Her eyes still showed fatigue, but she did have happy periods throughout the day.

I took her on a drive this evening and she was very talkative when she heard Grandpa Ric on the speaker phone in the car. After about 10 minutes the sweet angel was sound asleep. I even managed to stop at Starbucks. It's been almost 2.5 hours later and she's still in her carseat. I keep checking up on her to make sure she's okay and she seems very content.

This sleep is just what her body needs to recover. I'm hoping she sleeps well through the night and that she's feeling much better in the morning.

No comments: