I Love My Mom & Dad

I called my mom this morning just as I do every morning. I was headed to the doctor's office when she told me my dad was rushed to the hospital last night after an almost deadly allergic reaction to a Kissing Bug's bite. By the time the ambulance arrived on the side of the street, he was already going in and out of consciousness. I'm so thankful to God that my mom was there to help him and that he pulled through. He is now back home recovering.

A lot has happened in just a span of the past few days. Tom was sick for two days, I've headed to the doctor twice this week for standard glucose blood tests - the first of which I flunked, and now my dad being so close to being gone. Despite all these things I'm thankful to God for his grace to see us through it. I will cherish every second I share with those I love. I will love being alive and experiencing the life that has been laid out for me. I will love more.

No comments: